BioGuard Kleen It Filter Cleaner (1 qt)
BioGuard Kleen It Filter Cleaner is designed to remove scale/clarifier deposits, dirt, and debris from the pool's filter. This product is comprised of a dual action formula that can prolong the life of your filter. It helps prevent scale build up and rust. The experts recommend that this product should be used at least once per season to keep the filter clean. Kleen It has been proven to not damage the filter equipment and to be safe for all filter types.
- Turn pump off and rinse off loose dirt from filter elements.
- Apply product by spraying directly onto filter elements. If needed, lightly brush heavy grease spots.
- Let wet filter elements sit for 5-10 minutes. For heavily soiled filters, allow elements to sit for 1 hour.
- Rinse elements thoroughly with full-strength water from a garden hose.
- Reassemble filter and resume normal operation.
Non Back-Washable D.E. & Cartridge Filters:
As an alternative soak filter elements overnight into a solution of 32 oz. of this product added to 5 gallons of water. Allow to soak overnight. Rinse elements thoroughly with full-strength water from a garden hose.
Sand Filter & Some D.E. Filters:
Twice each pool season, mid-summer, and in the fall, clean the pool filter as follows: Backwash filter thoroughly. Turn pump off. Chlorine must be removed from the skimmer basket prior to addition of this product. Automatic feeder should be turned off prior to any addition of this product. Pour entire bottle of this product into skimmer. Turn pump on until pump primes and product moves into filter. Leave filter selector in backwash position or in closed position. Wait one hour. Turn pump on with selector in backwash position, until backwash water is clear.
*Chemicals can only be shipped via UPS or FEDEX ground service to the 48 contiguous United States