Engino STEM Simple Machines
The SIMPLE MACHINES set is a combination of the basic 5 sets of "Discovering STEM" series and covers all Simple Machines mechanisms. These mechanisms offer a mechanical advantage and are crucial elements of many machines and devices. They are designed to multiply or reduce force, increase or decrease speed and convert one type of motion to another. Build 60 working models that cover the subjects of levers, the wedge, the wheel and axle, the screw, the inclined plane, the pulley, as well as the more advanced gears and linkages!
You can find easy-to-follow building instructions for all models either online or in the booklets included. The booklets provide detailed explanations of the different scientific principles applied and incorporate innovative experimental activities for hands-on learning. Quiz sections for each chapter are also available to challenge your newly acquired knowledge!
- Engino brings complex concepts into clear focus for budding engineers and scientists with award winning components and step by step illustrated assembly instructions
- Simple Machines combines 5 STEM Mechanic sets into one fantastic set. Discover the functions and uses for Levers(STEM01)-Inclined Planes(STEM02)-Pulley Drives(STEM03)-Cams(STEM04)Worm Drives(STEM05)
- Build 60 working models such as a Scissor Lift, Catapult, Helicopter, Vise, Wind Mill and many, many more
- Manual includes 70 pages of theory and facts, a 16 page quiz, 25 pages of experimental activities illustrating uses Simple Machines, 71 pages of step by step, 3D rendered illustrations
- Models illustrated online at Engino's website or using the Engino 3D app downloadable free for Android or Apple iOS.
- Product Dimensions: 19.3 x 2.7 x 13 inches
- Manufacturer: Engino; distributed by Elenco
- Ages: 8-15 Years
/!\ WARNING: Choking Hazard—Item contains small parts. Not for children under 3.