Thames & Kosmos Air-Walker
Brand Thames & Kosmos
A robot that defies gravity?! That’s what you get with Air-Walker, a four-legged bot that uses an ingenious system of suction cups and pumps to crawl along smooth, vertical surfaces like windows. A follow-up to the award-winning Geckobot STEM experiment kit, Air-Walker uses technology similar to that found in its reptilian predecessor, but with easier assembly.
Your Air-Walker can crawl in a straight line, to the left, or to the right, while a special mechanism makes the robot’s head move back and forth as its body moves forward. You can also build four other models with the same components and learn how suction and mechanical devices can be used in different real-world applications. A vacuum-suction machine sticks to and lifts flat panels, while a robot with just two suction cups rotates around a central pivot point.
This hands-on construction kit brings engineering and physics to life as it demonstrates the power of air pressure at work. A 24-page, full-color manual guides your model building and experiments with clear step-by-step illustrated instructions.
- Build a gravity defying robot!
- Learn about the physics of air pressure and suction and how it's used to help your model walk vertically up perfectly smooth surfaces!
- Follow-up to geckobot experiment kit, with easier assembly
- Build 5 different models for a hands-on experience that brings physics and engineering to life.
- Product Dimensions: 10 x 13 x 3
- Manufacturer: Thames & Kosmos
- Ages: 8+
/!\ WARNING: Choking Hazard—Item contains small parts. Not for children under 3.