Thames & Kosmos Glowing Crystal Geode
Brand Thames & Kosmos
Create your own crystal geode — a round rock containing a crystal-filled cavity. First, cast a plaster geode shell in the mold and then fill it with a crystal-growing alum salt solution. The crystal solution contains an ultraviolet-luminous pigment that gets incorporated into the crystals as they form, resulting in a geode that glows in ultraviolet light. An ultraviolet flashlight with holder, as well as a display stand for the geode, are included. Display your beautiful specimen day and night! Learn about how crystals form and why the pigment glows under ultraviolet light.
- Make a beautiful crystal geode that glows in UV light
- Subject: Crystals & Materials
- Detailed 16-page, full-color guidebook and instructions included
- Product Dimensions: 8.75 x 11 x 2.5
- Manufacturer: Thames & Kosmos/ Geek & Co.
- Ages: 8+
/!\ WARNING: Choking Hazard—Item contains small parts. Not for children under 3.