Thames & Kosmos Gravity Bugs
Brand Thames & Kosmos
Going up! Build a mighty robotic bug that defies gravity to crawl up, down, and all around windows with ease! This motorized, multi-legged machine uses an ingenious system of suction cups to walk on smooth vertical surfaces like windows and glossy panels. Assemble the robot to learn about its inner mechanisms, including gears and an electric circuit complete with motor, battery, and switch.
Then experiment to see which types of surfaces your Gravity Bug can climb best. Read about how suction cups work and how this robot climbs. This hands-on construction kit brings engineering and physics to life as it demonstrates the power of air pressure at work. An eight-panel, full-color manual guides your model building with step-by-step illustrated instructions.
- Build a gravity-defying robotic bug that can climb smooth surfaces!
- Conduct simple physics experiments with air pressure and suction.
- Durable, easy-to-assemble plastic building system.
- Compact design is fun and functional
- An eight-panel, full-color manual guides model building with step-by-step illustrated instructions and assembly and troubleshooting videos are available online.
- Product Dimensions: 8.8 x 11 x 2.5 inches
- Manufacturer: Thames & Kosmos
- Ages: 8+
/!\ WARNING: Choking Hazard—Item contains small parts. Not for children under 3.