Thames & Kosmos Perfume Science
Brand Thames & Kosmos
Follow your nose on a fragrant journey through the science, history, and art of making perfumes. Experiment with countless fragrance combinations on your way to becoming a master perfumer. Start by learning about how your nose and brain work together to perceive smells. Next, play some games with scents to train your nose. After a look at the history of fragrances and the current theories behind perfume design, you will be ready to start making your own perfumes.
This kit is a complete perfumer’s laboratory including eight perfume oils, finishing solution, decorative flacons and important tools of the trade. The perfume oils are the same as those used in high-quality designer perfumes. The 32-page, full-color book blossoms with information about the biology of smell, the chemistry of scents, the fine fragrance industry, and the history of perfumes. Ages 10 and up. The perfume oils in this kit were developed humanely, without animal testing.
- Set up your perfume Laboratory and learn about the art of making your own scents as you design your own perfumes!
- Explore the physiology of smell and how your nose and olfactory system work with your brain to sense and recognize smells.
- Learn about the history of perfume making and discover where natural and synthetic fragrances come from.
- Introduces young perfumers to the biology, chemistry, and techniques behind fragrance design.
- A complete perfumer's Laboratory that includes high-quality perfume oils, decorative flacons for storing your perfume creations, and important tools of the trade.
- A 32-page, full-color manual guides experimentation and exploration.
- A parents' Choice silver honor award winner
- Product Dimensions: 14.6 x 11.5 x 3.1
- Manufacturer: Thames & Kosmos
- Ages: 10+
/!\ WARNING: Choking Hazard—Item contains small parts. Not for children under 3.