Thames & Kosmos Remote-Control Machines: Construction Vehicles
Brand Thames & Kosmos
Build eight models of realistic heavy-duty construction vehicles and control them with a remote-control unit. The models can be controlled both to drive around on the floor and to move their work tools, such as buckets, shovels, forks, and cranes.
Build a bulldozer with a blade that can be raised and lowered, a backhoe with a digging bucket that can move inward and outward, and a dump truck with a dump bed that can be raised up to empty its contents. Make a mobile crane truck with a crane arm that moves up and down, a skid loader with a bucket that also moves up and down, and a road grader with a scraper blade that turns left and right. Assemble a forklift with a fork that can be raised and lowered and a concrete mixer truck with a mixing drum that rotates. Instructions for two additional models — a reach forklift and a wheel tractor-scraper — are available online.
A 64-page, full-color manual guides you through model building with step-by-step illustrated instructions. Read the manual to learn how the real-life versions of these awesome machines are so powerful and how their various mechanisms function. Discover how they can use physics to their advantage to move massive amounts of soil and rock. Investigate the concepts of force, torque, and simple machines with these working models.
- Build eight models of heavy-duty construction vehicles
- Explore the physics of force, torque, and simple machines by build 8 models of different construction vehicles
- Over 225 interchangeable building pieces
- Includes 64-page, illustrated experiment manual and assembly guide
- Requires Batteries: 3 AA (Not Included)
- Product Dimensions: 16.8 x 11.5 x 3.2
- Manufacturer: Thames & Kosmos
- Ages: 6+